DSI Metals, Inc. knows how much of your information is used and shared. We appreciate your trust and want you to feel confident in our services and security measures. Please be informed that by visiting our website, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store features, and communication with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website. For example, like many websites, we sometimes use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your browser accesses our website.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more productive to improve overall service and your shopping experience, we sometimes send you newsletters of our services and products, notifications of changes to our policies, and order confirmations. If you don’t want to receive emails from us other than order notifications and receipts, please adjust your “Subscription” preferences by logging into your account (if you choose to have an account in our system).
- You can also request that we erase any of the personal data we have stored. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. In short, we cannot erase data that is vital to you being an active customer (i.e. basic account information like an email address).If you wish that all of your data is erased, we will no longer be able to offer any support or other product-related services to you.
- We use Google Analytics on our site for anonymous reporting of site usage. So, no personalized data is stored. If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behavior on our website please use this link: Google Analytics Opt-out.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifier text files that we transfer to your computers’ hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and provide features such as storage of items in your “Request A Quote List” between visits.
Cookies generally exist to make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the help section of your browser.
We respect your privacy and your business, which is why we never provide your account contact or payment information to any third-party vendor, associate or service provider unless absolutely necessary in order to complete your order and transaction.
It may become necessary or desirable to DSI Metals, Inc., for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant.
In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
Any passing on of personal data for legal purposes will only be done in compliance with laws of the country you reside in.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide to us for the purchase of our products or services.
We do not retrieve credit card information via our website.
The information you provide on our website is only accessible by our system administrators, sales personnel and other in-house support staff that may be processing your order.
CONDITIONS OF USE, NOTICES, REVISIONS
If you choose to visit DSI Metals, Inc., your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of our local state. If you have any concern about privacy of your personal information as used and collected within our website, please send us a thorough description by clicking on the “Contact DSI Metals, Inc.” link on the navigation menu, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change accordingly. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make; however, we will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.